Saturday, October 18, 2008

Worth It

The markets have been crazy this year and have recently crashed. Since a boat is a hole in the water in which to toss money, one might ask was buying Speakeasy worth it. In order to purchase my share of Speakeasy, I liquidated my stock in Apple, which I'd held for a decade. I thought it was time to get out and within a couple of months, I was proven to be correct. I don't miss the stock and I truly enjoy Speakeasy, my partner, Beth, my new sailing friends, new adventures, and new memories. Ron Lieber wrote an article in the New York Times, which summarizes how I feel about spending on Speakeasy. A couple splurged on a boat. They are in middle age and their two sons are heading off to college soon. They wanted to make good memories with friends and family before there were only bad ones to remember.

No comments: