Sunday, July 20, 2008

Cruise

"A cruise is conceived as a daytime sail from one harbor to another.
You arrive late in the afternoon (say), drop anchor, swim, hike, have
a drink, cook and eat dinner, then perhaps play cards, or simply talk,
perhaps address yourself to a specially recalcitrant part of the
boat's equipment neglected during the day. Everyone in due course
turns in, sleeps soundly, wakes up rested. The whole of the ship's
complement is up, and down, together" (Airbourne, 1975, W.F. Buckley,
Jr., p. 19).

2 comments:

Nancy said...

My highlight is reading what you are doing each day! That was me, Nancy, that made the "hope you are feeling better comment - I need to change the Gmail name. I too came down with the stomach/intest flu too after my short shopping visit to Chicago. I was miserable at home can't imagine being on a boat!
Safe sailing - Beth - thanks for adding the personal touch.

Unknown said...

Thanks for reading and posting. I'm glad we determined who the mysterious "dad & mom" was in reality. Sorry that you got ill. Mine lingered, but was mild and I'm back to normal now.