Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sitting on the couch, not in the cockpit

Mark's leg is healing, but we will be here in Chicago until Sunday when we'll rent a car and head up to Whitehall. The good days of summer slip so quickly away, just as Mark slipped so quickly off the dock. If I looked in the mirror right now I'd see a perfectly formed pout on my lips. Feeling sorry for myself instead of seizing the day to tackle one or two tasks that need completion before we can move in together. I want to be on Speakeasy. Except for having difficulties with WIFI, I don't mind being removed from technology. I like having fewer choices of what to do, wear, eat, read. I relish being smack dab in the middle of nature. I especially love the constant connection with Lake Michigan. My awe and respect for the lake grows as does my concern for its future. So here I am on the couch and wishing I were on the water. Last year we had ten amazing weeks of summer after returning from our Harbor to Harbor adventure. This year we may have just as many good sailing days. So now let me clean out my files, choose a kitchen faucet, and be grateful for this day. Just this day.

No comments: